About TFO Canada
At the Trade Facilitation Office Canada (“TFO Canada”), we respect and support your right to privacy and to the protection of your personal information under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). Should you choose to provide personal information to us, we make every effort to ensure that your information is protected.
This policy applies to all individuals who provide personal information to us. A Privacy Officer who is responsible for the TFO Canada’s compliance with this Policy has been appointed.
Personal information, as defined in PIPEDA legislation, means information about an identifiable individual. It generally does not include information about legal persons such as corporations, partnerships or associations, or the business contact information of those employed by such legal persons.
We do not automatically collect your business information. We may, however, log your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which parts of our website you visit and how long you spend there. Like many other commercial websites, this website may use a standard technology called a "cookie" to collect information about how you use the site, and to personalize your experience even if you are not registered (“logged-in”) visitor.
If you choose to register as a subscriber in order to use our free web-based services using the TFO Canada online registration process, or at other times when you submit personally identifiable information, the information you provide may be used by TFO Canada for several general purposes:
• to provide you with access to our subscriber-only web-site content and trade publications
• to fulfill your request to receive periodic electronic newsletters and e-bulletins that may be of interest to you
• as a qualifying developing country exporter, to allow you to register an export offer for promotion to buyers who subscribe to our service or who visit our web site
• as a Canadian importer, to suggest potential future sources of supply from qualifying developing country exporters
• to personalize your experience on our website
• to keep you up to date on the latest news, events, current issues, announcements, special offers or other information we believe would interest our subscribers, either from us or from our business partners
• to better understand your needs and provide you with better services (including contacting you through periodic user surveys that we conduct)
• to collect market research information.
As a matter of due diligence, TFO Canada will work to ensure that these companies have privacy policies in place to ensure the safekeeping of your information.
We collect personal information only for the purposes outlined above. We do not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. Your personal information will not be sold, traded or leased to other parties. Personal information is retained only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
TFO Canada uses appropriate security safeguards to protect personal information. Safeguards include physical, administrative, and electronic security measures. All TFO Canada employees are required to follow the privacy standards that have been established. In the course of daily operations, only those employees, whose job responsibilities require them to access personal information, will have access to that information.
You have the right to access your personal information held by TFO Canada. Upon request in writing to the Privacy Officer and with a demonstration of all necessary identification, you will be given access to that information. TFO Canada relies on its subscribers to ensure that certain information, such as individual contact information, is current, complete, and accurate, and subscribers are encouraged to login to their account on the TFO Canada web site periodically to ensure their company profile, including contact information, is correct and up to date.
Attention: Privacy Officer
130 Slater Street, Suite 400