Each day TFO Canada publishes a sample of trade news on the Canadian import market along with any new, updated or changed regulations and legislations regarding international trade; countries in which TFO Canada offers services and on the export sectors which it promotes.
TFO Canada signs MoU with the Indonesian Ministry of TradeMonday, April 28, 2014 > 09:47:29
TFO Canada has signed a 2-year MoU with the Directorate General for National Export Development (DGNED) of the Ministry of Trade in Indonesia to facilitate cooperation in export development activities in the country. The signing took place on April 2, 2014 during the SIAL Trade Show in Montreal between Nus Nuzulia Ishak, Director General of DGNED and Brian Mitchell, Executive Director of TFO Canada and was attended by Mr. Bayu Krisnamurthi, Vice-Minister of Trade in Indonesia, and H.E. Dienne H. Moehario, Ambassador of Indonesia to Canada.
The MoU builds on the success of a previous TFO Canada “Ready to Export” Training and Coaching launched in 2010 with the Indonesia Export Training Centre (IETC) to help Indonesian business women prepare for international markets. The scope of co-operation in the new MoU includes:
- Capacity building in export development for DGNED employees and Indonesian exporters (e.g. product adaptation, market intelligence)
- Improving IETC’s training syllabus and curricula
- Conducting market and product development activities for Indonesian exporters (e.g. product adaptation, market intelligence)
- Providing information related to export development and trade opportunities for Indonesian exporters (e.g. product and service inquiries, international government procurement, lists of importers and company profiles)
- Supporting Indonesian export promotion activities (e.g. international trade fairs, Canadian buyer missions)
TFO Canada is currently working with the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia on arrangements for several upcoming activities including an outgoing Canadian buyer mission to Tradexpo Indonesia in October 2014, Exporting to Canada Seminars in two Indonesian cities, and developing partnerships with other Indonesian Trade Support Institutions.
For more information contact:
TFO Canada Project Manager, Asia