Each day TFO Canada publishes a sample of trade news on the Canadian import market along with any new, updated or changed regulations and legislations regarding international trade; countries in which TFO Canada offers services and on the export sectors which it promotes.
Longo抯 to open its fifth Market Store in downtown TorontoTuesday, August 11, 2015 > 10:01:58
Longo’s is planning to open a new Market Store urban concept food market in midtown Toronto this September.
The Market by Longo’s, its fifth in the city core, will be located on the ground floor of 111 St. Clair Avenue West, the former head office of Imperial Oil Canada, which is being converted into condos.
The 8,500-sq.-ft. store will offer:
• A fresh salad bar
• A gourmet made-to-order stone pizza oven
• Full-service deli with hundreds of cheeses from Canada and around the world
• Certified cheese masters and cake decorators on site
• Full assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, including extensive local and organic varieties
• A full service Starbucks coffee shop
• Curated food samplings to complement wine and spirits being featured by the new LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) outlet that is also opening in the building
• Underground parking
“Our Market stores are a great way for shoppers to get some of the best Longo’s has to offer. This Imperial Plaza location will become a welcome destination for people who enjoy eating well,” said Anthony Longo, president and CEO, Longo Brothers Fruit Market.