Each day TFO Canada publishes a sample of trade news on the Canadian import market along with any new, updated or changed regulations and legislations regarding international trade; countries in which TFO Canada offers services and on the export sectors which it promotes.
Canada Strengthens Fish Import ProgramTuesday, March 24, 2009 > 09:57:34
Purpose of the Session
• To explain the strengthened Canadian Fish Import Program (IP).
• Help you understand your responsibilities as a fish import licence holder.
• Clarify the requirements which must be met by fish import licence holders.
• Identify the tools available to assist you in meeting these requirements.
• Regulatory Responsibilities
• Regulatory Verification
• The Inspection of Imported Fish
• Implementation of the Strengthened IP
The transitional documents currently on the website will be finalized on April 1 2009.
As of April 1, all importers must fully comply with the requirements as outlined in the new fish import program documents.
Starting October 1 2009, importers must be able to demonstrate compliance to these requirements in order to renew their import licences.